Fast food Religion
1 Peter 2:1-2 Wherefore laying aside all malice, and all guile, and hypocrisies, and envies, and all evil speakings, As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby:
Sincere milk is:
- full of nutrients
- 2 Timothy 3:15-16 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus. All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
- Consuming the sincere milk of the word gives us all we need to grow.
- has disease-fighting properties
- Psalms 119:11 Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee.
- Consuming the sincere milk of the word will protect you against the disease of sin.
- easily digestible
- John 14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.
- high absorption
- Hebrews 4:12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
- Separated – cream/milk
- 2 Corinthians 6:14-18 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness? And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel? And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people. Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you, And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.
- More tolerable to the eye and keeps longer
- Preaching Separation you may loose members
- Preaching Separation you may drive people off
- Thats why most churches don't separate on dressing
- dress like the world
- Thats why most churches don't separate on music
- listen to worldly music
- Thats why most churches are ran like businesses instead of churches
- As born-again believers, our whole attitude must change. Our whole outlook must change. We no longer live for the world but for God. We love to serve him and help others. We should love to go to church and to fellowship with other believers. Things that defile our body should become repulsive to us.
Churches today do not want to be separated but merged with the world to be ecumenical.
We must preach separation from the World. PERIOD and we must lead by example.
Luke 12:51-53 Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, Nay; but rather division: For from henceforth there shall be five in one house divided, three against two, and two against three. The father shall be divided against the son, and the son against the father; the mother against the daughter, and the daughter against the mother; the mother in law against her daughter in law, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.
PASTEURIZATION is a way to cover up dirty farms.
As these farms boil out the good with the bad so our church's modify the Gospel with good intentions that lead people to hell..
Easy prayer-ism or believe-ism has destroyed our Churches and inoculated men and women against true bible preaching.
- Repent from unbelief.
- Mark 1:15 And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.
- Repent from SIN
- Matthew 9:12-13 But when Jesus heard that, he said unto them, They that be whole need not a physician, but they that are sick. But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.
- Repentance must be preached
- Luke 24:46-47 And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behoved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day: And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.
- Repentance must be felt
- 2 Corinthians 7:9-10 Now I rejoice, not that ye were made sorry, but that ye sorrowed to repentance: for ye were made sorry after a godly manner, that ye might receive damage by us in nothing. For godly sorrow worketh repentance to salvation not to be repented of: but the sorrow of the world worketh death.
Stoves – As people of old labored and toiled over a hot stove so the old time preachers labored and toiled in their studies crying for the power of God.
Microwaves – Today many preachers have resorted to getting their sermons from reader digest type books and Internet downloads.
These microwavable sermons are killing the spiritual walk of Christians just like the microwave ovens are killing the physical body.
2 Timothy 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
How do we fix it
2 Chronicles 7:14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.